BS2-10G series for Nexxis
High-performance open networking top-of-rack switches with multi-rate Gigabit Ethernet and unified ports
The Barco BS2-10G 12P, BS2-10G 28P and BS2-10G 48P switches are included in Barco’s latest releases for the Nexxis OR solution. All switch variants provide state-of-the-art 100GbE uplinks and non-blocking 10G fibre connectivity. They also support flexible configuration options to allow all Nexxis high-end features e.g. sharing a switch amongst multiple ORs by separation into VLANs, Inter-OR capabilities amongst many switches and 100G switch interconnections.
Maximum performance and functionality
The Barco BS2-10G Nexxis switch series are high-performance, multifunction, 1/10/25/40/50/100 GbE top-of-rack (ToR) switches custom-built for optimal performance in digital Nexxis operating rooms. Architectural features include optimized expandability, flexibility and redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and fans.
- 1RU high-density 10/40/100 GbE switches with up to 48 ports of 10 GbE (SFP+) or up to 48 ports of 10GBaseT ports, or up to 28 ports of 8/16 fibre channel, two ports of 40 GbE (QSFP+), and up to four ports of 100GbE (QSFP28) or four ports of 8/16/32G fibre channel
- The BS2-10G 12P is a 1RU, half-rack width 10/100GbE ToR switch with up to 12 ports of 10GbE (SFP+) or up to 12 ports of 10GBaseT ports, and up to three ports of 100GbE (QSFP28)
- Multi-rate 100GbE ports support 10/25/40/50 GbE. 40GbE ports support 10GbE. 10GbE ports support 1GbE. Up to four different simultaneous speeds are possible in each profile.
- 1.76Tbps (full-duplex) non-blocking, cut-through switching fabric delivers line-rate performance under full load on BS2-10G 48P
- 960Gbps (full-duplex) non-blocking, cut-through switching fabric delivers line-rate performance under full load on BS2-10G 28P
- 840Gbps (full-duplex) non-blocking, cut-through switching fabric delivers line-rate performance under full load on BS2-10G 12P
- Redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and fans (BS2-10G 12P has fixed power supplies and fans)
- IEEE 1588v2 supported (hardware only) on 48 port model