Improve Your Skills in Detecting Bone Fractures in Children
Noticing the signs of an abusive fracture of a child is the first step in putting an end to these maltreatments. The Bone Fracture Pediatric Phantom helps train future generations of radiologist and radiographers.
- Training in pediatric radiography can be enriched with clear and subtle bone fractures
- Typical fractures resulting from child abuse are also included
- Radiology absorption and HU number approximate to human body
- Main joints have close-to human articulation
- Phantom can be separated into 10 individual parts
Also available in a non-bone fracture version for regular training.
Pediatric Phantom Applications
- Plain X-ray
- Basic patient positioning
- Radiographic interpretation
Concept and Anatomy of Maltreatment Phantom
Children around the world are victims to domestic violence and abuse, yet the problem is often overlooked. Noticing the signs of an abusive fracture of a child is the first step to putting an end to these maltreatments. The Bone Fracture Pediatric Phantom by KYOTO KAGAKU has been designed and developed to cultivate such observation skills in future radiologists and radiographers.
- Signs of callus: A number of callus examples can be a result of abusive treatment. This particular model contains calluses in the wound healing phase 5.
- Supracondylar humerus fracture: A supracondylar humerus fracture on the distal humerus above epicondyles and is a fracture commonly observed in children, accounting for approximately 20%.
- Spiral fracture: Certain causes of non-accidental pediatric injuries, such as spiral fractures, include maltreatment stimulated by anger or distress.
- Back, scapula and rib fractures: Rib fractures close to the vertebrae may be potential indicators of the child being thrown.
- Skull fractures: A linear skull fracture may be another indication of child maltreatment. At times, fractures display better on x ray scans than CT imaging.
- Bone fracture pediatric phantom
- Head supporter
- Hand fixture belt
- Set of sample X-ray data (DVD)
- User manual
Pediatric Phantom Specifications
- Height: approx. 110cm / 43.3"
- Weight: approx. 20kg / 44lb
- Packaging size: W86 x D60 x H32cm / W33.8 x D23.6 x H12.6"
*Specifications are subject to change.