With realistic articulation and close-to-human attention, PBU phantom are ideal for radiography students.
Shoulders rotate full 360 degrees in the sagital plane, approx. 180 degrees to side-ways.
Elbows bend up to approx. 90 degrees.
Hip joints rotate forward up to 90 degrees, then rotate outward up to 45 degrees, respectively.
Knees bend to approx. 90 degrees.
- The phantom can be held in the supine frog leg position.
- The limbs and head are detachable at joints and neck for wider applications.
- The head supporter facilitates various head positions.
- Main joints have close-to human articulation.
- Life size synthetic skeleton
- Hands and feet with bone trabeculae
- Lungs with pulmonary vessels
- Mediastinal space
Original phantom materials:
- Radiology absorption and Hounsfield number approximate to human body.
Materials and features:
- Soft tissue and organs: Urethane based resin
- Synthetic bones: Epoxy resin
- Joint attachments: Epoxy, urethane with carbon fiber
- Screws: Polycarbonate
|Material||Density g/cm3||Effective Atomic
|Elemental Composition (wt%)|
|Hounsfield number (Approximation)||-7||70||30|
- 1 whole body phantom PBU-50
- 1 head supporter
- 1 set of sample X-ray images
- 1 flat head screwdriver
- 1 set of sample X-ray data(DVD)
- approx. 165 cm/ 65 in height
- approx. 50 kg/ 110 lb
- approx. 92x57x38cm 32.3kg
- 90x63x22cm 22.3kg
- 89x57x16cm 13.6kg
- approx. 80 kg/176lb